I took part in the combined ABC 612 Brisbane / 7.30 Qld “Australia Speaks – Queensland Votes” event on August 29. The event was billed as an “overview of the policies without the politics. … Experts in health, infrastructure, education, the economy, immigration and natural resources joined ABC Local Radio Evenings presenter Rebecca Levingston and 7.30 Qld host Matt Wordsworth to dissect each of the major policy areas of Australia’s political parties to help you make your vote count.”
I spoke about the ALP and LNP’s different versions of the National Broadband Network (NBN).
7.30 Qld video version (edited to 30 minutes)
612 Brisbane roundup version (including Storify with audio clips and tweets)
- Rintel, S. (2013, September 13). NBN petition and the backlash: when does democracy speak? The Conversation (Online).
- Audio: Cox, T. (2013, September 13). NBN petition getting traction online. Drive: 612 ABC Brisbane.
- Queensland Speaks – The Verdict. ABC 612 Brisbane.
- Asimus, A. (2012, October 16). NBN rollout plans revealed. Seven News Brisbane.
- Rintel, S. (2013, August 16). Electoral silence on digital rights from both politicians and journalists. The Conversation.
- Abbott’s Internet (ALP humorous attack website) Abbott’s Internet (YouTube)
- Fibre to the Boats (Parody website)
Please donate to Electronic Frontiers Australia to help us continue to be your voice for digital freedom, access, and privacy.